Client Manager – Job Description
AM O’Sullivan PR is a Cork-headquartered consultancy with an international reach. Its award-winning, strategic communications team are trusted advisors to large indigenous and multinational clients. The consultancy operates throughout Ireland in sectors including life sciences (pharmaceuticals, biologics, healthcare, medical devices), tech, energy/utilities, professional services, and education.
As a business, AM O’Sullivan is passionate about providing a first-class service, delivering results for its clients and developing trust and understanding with everyone it engages with, including clients, supplier partners and media.
AM O’Sullivan PR has unrivalled experience, contacts and expertise in the FDI Life Sciences Manufacturing Sector. The team’s understanding of this sector is unique in Ireland and it has a keen awareness of, and experience in, the challenges of effective internal positioning by multinational subsidiaries within their parent organisations.
AM O’Sullivan PR is a member of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) and IPREX, the global communications network, and was recognised as the PRCA Agency of the Year 2020.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and motivated Client Manager with a strong media relations, event management and internal communications background to join our expanding team.
- Lead day-to-day management of client campaigns, as well as support teams working on additional client activity.
- Manage traditional media relations and digital campaigns for a range of clients.
- Secure national, regional and local media coverage and maintain strong relationships with media.
- Manage and mentor junior team members.
- Understand commercial relationships with clients, and compile and manage client budgets.
- Identify new opportunities for clients and grow client accounts.
- Be involved in pitching for new business and developing PR proposals.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop communications strategies for clients.
- Manage content creation, such as key messaging, press releases, feature articles and social media messaging.
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists.
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients.
- Support on internal communications activity for clients, including recommending appropriate approaches and strategies to engage their teams.
- Lead team and client meetings and support on client events.
- Contribute to the overall successful operation of AM O’Sullivan PR.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively on behalf of clients.
- Proficient in devising and implementing media relations campaigns.
- Exceptional writing skills across multiple formats and styles.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Highly organised and personable.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, take direction and meet deadlines.
Our ideal candidate will be confident, engaging and capable and will have:
- A qualification in public relations, journalism or a business-related field.
- At least four years in-house or agency experience.
- A keen interest in a collaborative working environment.
- An understanding of business and be commercially astute.
- Well-established relationships with Irish media.
In return, you will:
- Be part of an award-winning strategic communications consultancy.
- Collaborate with, and learn from, a dynamic and experienced team.
- Have exposure to multinational and large indigenous clients.
- Receive training and mentorship.
- Have the opportunity to avail of a hybrid, flexible working model.
- Have the option to work full-time or a four day week.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary based on experience and skillset.
For further information or to submit your CV, contact Tina Quinn, Director of Strategic Services at AM O’Sullivan PR, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday, 6th March at 5pm
Ann-Marie O’Sullivan, Founder and Chief Executive at AM O’Sullivan PR
“Due to continued growth and increased client activity, we are recruiting for a Client Manager. As a consultancy, we are uniquely positioned, representing multinationals and large indigenous clients in the global life sciences, technology, energy, professional services, and education sectors on a nationwide level. This vacancy is an ideal opportunity for an experienced communications professional to progress his/her career, supporting corporate clients within our strategic, creative and collaborative consultancy. We believe in training, mentoring and investing in our people to help team members to grow professionally and establish themselves within the consultancy and the wider industry.”