AM O’Sullivan PR is a Cork-headquartered consultancy with an international reach. Its award-winning, strategic communications team are trusted advisors to large indigenous and multinational clients. The consultancy operates throughout Ireland in sectors including life sciences (pharmaceuticals, biologics, healthcare, medical devices), tech, energy/utilities, professional services, and education.
As a business, AM O’Sullivan is passionate about providing a first-class service, delivering results for its clients and developing trust and understanding with everyone it engages with, including clients, supplier partners and media.
AM O’Sullivan PR has unrivalled experience, contacts and expertise in the FDI life sciences manufacturing sector. The team’s understanding of this sector is unique in Ireland and it has a keen awareness of, and experience in, the challenges of effective internal positioning by multinational subsidiaries within their parent organisations.
AM O’Sullivan PR is a member of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA) and IPREX, the global communications network, and was recognised as the PRCA Agency of the Year 2020.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Client Executive with a communications background to join our expanding team.
- Media monitoring.
- Analyse and report on media coverage.
- Draft project plans.
- Generate story ideas and angles.
- Write press releases.
- Build media lists.
- Issue press releases to media and conduct follow ups in order to build and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
- Support the team in both internal and external meetings, by drafting agendas, taking notes, and preparing contact reports.
- Manage and update the AM O’Sullivan PR database of contacts.
- Attend business events and undertake training and workshops.
- Prepare and share internal current affairs updates with the AM O’Sullivan PR team.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Support on the management of client events.
- Contribute to the overall successful operation of AM O’Sullivan PR.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A primary or masters degree in public relations, journalism or a related field.
- A keen interest and understanding of current affairs and the media landscape.
- Excellent writing, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to contribute to the team, with a conscientious work ethic.
In return, you will:
- Be part of an award-winning, strategic communications consultancy.
- Have an opportunity to learn about communications, current affairs, the media and business.
- Gain an understanding of media, and insights into journalists and their areas of interest.
- Receive training and mentorship.
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter to Orla Clancy, Client Director at AM O’Sullivan PR, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday, 6th October, at 5pm